10.12.2004

Comics Paradise

For a while, I thought that Scott McCloud's website was the greatest comics related place on the whole world wide web. Now I know that the truly greatest comics related website belongs to Lambiek.

Their Comiclopedia is quite simply awesome.

-a reference for any serious comic book art lover
-the greatest comic book artist index anywhere, web or print (I know I’m gushing)
-over 5,000 international comic artists listed
-listings include biographies, artwork examples, and links to any official websites related to the artist
-hosted by one of the most respectable antiquarian comic shops in the world-includes links to the Lambiek store where one can buy comics or original artwork.

I first found it while doing research for my internet class. Providentially, I happened to be doing that work in Spike's room. Spike and I had fun thinking up somewhat obscure artist names and searching for them. If I hadn't had to finish my work and if we weren't going out to a show, then it is altogether possible that we would have spent all night combing the depths of Comiclopedia.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

When playing a game, the goal is to win, but it is the goal that is important, not the winning. —Reiner Knizia