1.19.2005

Kmiec's Crime

Yesterday at work, one of my co-workers turned on Soft Rock 96.1 WJYE. I'm not sure why. I can only recall one other time at work when that station has been turned on.

Anyhow, I heard one of the strangest, most pathetic things I have ever heard. I heard broadcast an advertisement created and paid for by the Roman Catholic Diocese of Buffalo. This was an advertisement for men in the area to consider the priesthood as their vocation.

Yes, you read that right. The RC Diocese of Buffalo is looking for men that listen to soft rock. It wants these men as its priests. That is the condition that this Western New York diocese has fallen into.

Pathetic.

They might as well begin ordaining women.

1 Comments:

Blogger trawlerman said...

That is pathetic and indefensible. Advertising for vocations on the radio? Soft rock? That is painful. I can't even joke about it.
P.J. | 01.21.05 - 6:12 pm | #

Did I just see the word 'indefensible' in something pete wrote!? Must be it did you some good to get out of the smog of Scranton into the costal air.
Matt | 01.23.05 - 9:24 am | #

5/03/2005 5:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

When playing a game, the goal is to win, but it is the goal that is important, not the winning. —Reiner Knizia