3.21.2005

Diversions

For all of my recent postings here, you might guess that all that I've been thinking about lately is comics and music. That is true to an extent. I have been thinking of those two things an awful lot. Culture is important to me, and music and comics are important expressions of any culture (at least as far as I'm concerned; of course music has always been regarded as an important part of culture... perhaps someday I'll make a case here for the place of the "newer" art form we call comics... or you can just go read Scott McCloud's Understanding Comics, which you should be able to find at your local library).

But, also, amidst all of my work work, my school work, my family work, and my music/comics diversions, I have indeed remembered that it is the lenten season, and my thoughts have been shaped accordingly. Personal current events have forced the season on me to an even greater extent.

So, I wrote a lenten poem recently (which actually, in its finalized form, includes an accompanying comic strip).
I post it here on my blog in honor of Mr. Newman, who posted some of his own poetry a while back. If he's brave enough to let it loose out here, then I'll give it a shot, too.


untitled

self
murder only happens once
except you die to death
given in the blood
die daily, daily die saith
the minister of life kill
self

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

When playing a game, the goal is to win, but it is the goal that is important, not the winning. —Reiner Knizia