10.29.2005

I've Never Read a Graphic Novel

Charles Burns and Chris Ware discuss graphic novels on the radio show Open Source.

The Dark Pages: An hour of radio dedicated to the graphic novel

In a comment on the program, I came across this:


I am reminded of an anecdote shared by Neil Gaiman in an interview on the PRI program Studio 360. Gaiman was at some literary shindig, and had told some literary bigwig that he made comics. After some awkward conversation, the man brightened and said “Oh, you’re Neil Gaiman! My dear fellow, you don’t write comics; you write graphic novels!” Recalling this, Gaiman said, “I felt like a whore who had just been told that she was a ‘lady of the evening.’”


I hunted down the interview; it can be heard here.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great work!
[url=http://uuivaavg.com/lxkz/woeb.html]My homepage[/url] | [url=http://ladtejqe.com/ocoe/bloi.html]Cool site[/url]

8/09/2006 5:31 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

When playing a game, the goal is to win, but it is the goal that is important, not the winning. —Reiner Knizia